Communication, with you and from you
Good internal communication systems help you to access the information you need to do your job. This enables you to be active and engaged in how the Trust is working and developing. Good communication is everyone’s responsibility – we want you to be and feel involved.
Communication is a two-way process and we love it when our staff get involved. Here are some ways you can do this:
- Connect – this is the CUH intranet and is a great central source of news and information. You’ll be able to access it as soon as you join. Make sure you login regularly as it changes frequently.
- CUH Daily – Key messages are circulated every day to all staff via CUH Daily which is emailed out to you.
- Staff Noticeboards – There are a number staff notice boards are located around Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie.
- CEO briefings and drop in sessions are scheduled as a good way of sharing important information and project updates with you. These are usually advertised on CUH Daily.
- “08.27” – this is held for managers and supervisors at 08:27 every Tuesday in the Trust Boardroom and is a great way to staying up to date with current issues
- Manager/team briefings – your manager will tell you about regular meetings in your department and will let you know about how your department communicates with each other, for example; through newsletters, team notice boards, message books or meetings.
- HR Consult (on Connect ) – this is an advice and support service for all employees. The HR Consult advice phone line is open Monday to Friday, 08.30 and 17.00 on 01223 274747, alternatively you can email HR Consult
Here you can find more about:
- development opportunities
- Trust policies and procedures
- health and wellbeing including employee support
- useful forms, for instance, calculating your annual leave entitlement