We are a diverse and friendly team of 90 dedicated and highly motivated finance professionals. As a finance team, we form an intrinsic part of the delivery of efficient and delay free patient care; ensuring that patient experience in our hospital is the best it can be. We take pride in our forecasts, budgets and active business partnering. We also ensure that the hospital does not run out of money and that all our people are paid on time.
As a team, we look after in excess of £900m of income and expenditure in any given financial year and oversee major projects from a finance perspective.
Our diverse international team has a wealth of backgrounds and qualifications and we have specialists dealing with Financial Management, Financial Accounts, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Research & Development Finance, Income & Commissioning and Finance Systems Support.
We are keen to develop our people and offer study contracts and support professional accountancy qualifications. We are currently supporting members of staff studying for CIMA, ACCA and AAT. We would also support CIPFA and ACA.
We also offer continued professional development (CPD) and support our staff with their wider professional development (such as several Future Focused Finance schemes). We are an accredited employer for CIPFA CPD.
The types of roles we cover within Finance:
- Head of Finance (this can be for a division, or for a corporate area)
- Financial Controller
- Head of Projects
- Head of Capital
- Associate Director of Financial Management
- Deputy Head of Finance (this can be for a division, or for a corporate area)
- Senior Management Accountant (this can be for a division, or for a corporate area)
- Management Accountant (this can be for a division, or for a corporate area)
- Assistant Management Accountant (this can be for a division, or for a corporate area)
- Income Analyst
- Income Manager
- Commissioning Manager
- Credit Controller
- Financial Accountant
- Assistant Financial Accountant
We are a friendly office arranging social and charitable activities throughout the year and also volunteer across the Trust (for example, we participate in taking treats out to the Children’s Ward at Halloween).
For more information about working with the Finance team, contact Lore Lippmann, Associate Director of Financial Management