Preparing for an assessment day
It’s very normal for people to feel apprehensive about assessment days. It may be reassuring to know that most people around you are just as nervous as you are.
A good way to deal with anxiety and get the best out of the day is to prepare thoroughly.
Read your invitation email carefully – it will include essential information including:
- the date, time and location of the event
- where the CUH campus is and how you plan to travel to work
- where to park if you are driving to the event
- how to confirm that you are coming eg by email or phone
Make sure you are prepared and punctual
- plan in advance what you need to take with you and what you will wear
- think about the kind of impression you want to make and select clothes which are neat and professional
- put everything out the night before, ready to go
- allow a little extra time to get to the hospital, in case of delays to public transport or heavy traffic
If you feel you need any help or advice, please do contact our Recruitment Services Team on 01223 217038.