Return to Practice
CUH is pleased to offer an NMC validated Return to Practice Nursing Programme for both Adult and Child registration. The course is provided in partnership with Anglia Ruskin University and is for qualified Nurses whose registration with the NMC has lapsed. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic qualified Nurses wishing to return to the nursing profession.
Please note, unfortunately this programme is not suitable for nurses registered overseas wishing to gain NMC registration in the UK.
The Return to Professional Practice for Nursing programme will prepare you for return to today’s workforce by providing education that is both practice and classroom based. It has been validated by the NMC to enable those Practitioners whose nursing registration has lapsed to return to practice with the contemporary skills, knowledge and competence required in the present healthcare climate.
Contact the NMC as soon as possible and ask for your ‘Statement of Entry’
In order to complete the programme you need to:
• Be prepared to return to study
• Commit to working as a qualified nurse at CUH on successful completion of the programme
• Attend 60 hours of teacher-managed learning and 40 hours of online learning.
• Undertake a minimum of 22.5 hours each week in a clinical placement based at Cambridge University Hospitals
• Work flexible hours to incorporate the full 24 hours service commitment and to allow you to work with your Practice Supervisor/Accessor and do at least 200 hours of assessed practice
You will be supported at Cambridge University Hospitals throughout the duration of the programme by a Practice Assessor, with the expectation that you will work as a Registered Nurse at CUH on successful completion of the programme.
All of the course fees are paid for by Health Education England
You will be paid on point 3.9 of the Band 3 scale during the return to practice programme with an additional £500 tax free allowance from Health Education England.