CUH Together – Our Strategy
It is important that we have a shared vision of the future for CUH – what we aim to achieve for our patients, how we plan to get there and how each of our roles contributes to this.
Our strategy has been developed with staff, patients and partners to create something meaningful to everyone, where our patients continue to be central to everything we do, and to ensure that CUH is an exciting and supportive place to work.
To improve people’s quality of live through innovation and sustainable healthcare
- Improve – making day-to-day improvements and adopting new approaches to what we do and how we do it
- Quality – ensuring our patients receive great care in terms of safety, outcomes and experience
- Sustainable – not simply surviving today and tomorrow but building a solid future for CUH, its patients and staff
- We will deliver our vision in a way that is consistent with our values of Together – Safe | Kind | Excellent and the associated behaviours that define how we care for patients and work with our colleagues and partners.We will deliver our vision in a way that is consistent with our values of Together – Safe | Kind | Excellent and the associated behaviours that define how we care for patients and work with our colleagues and partners.
Our CUH Together strategy has four priorities:
- Improving patient journeys – We want our patients to have the best possible outcomes and experience, receiving care from the right teams at the right time. We will constantly strive to improve the way we organise our services. From the smallest change in a local ward or department to Trust-wide projects, we can all make a positive difference to the way that we care for patients while they are in our hospitals.
- Working with our communities – We will work closely with partners to ensure that organisational boundaries do not get in the way of providing better health and social care for our local population. That means working together to provide care closer to people’s homes; having timely access to specialist services when needed; and ensuring patients can leave hospital for a more appropriate care setting as soon as they are ready to do so.
- Strengthening the organisation – We will invest in our people and make sure this is a great place to work, supporting all our staff in caring for our patients and making improvements in services. We will also invest in facilities, technology and equipment within the financial constraints we face. And we will improve the way that we organise ourselves and make decisions to benefit patients and staff.
- Contributing nationally and internationally – Located at the heart of the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, we will be a leader in the UK life sciences sector and bring together the latest advances in science and medicine through world-class research and education to develop new forms of disease prevention, detection and treatment for our patients.