Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion for our staff, patients and public is paramount at CUH. Not only is it central to our Together; safe, kind and excellent values and behaviour standards, but a richly diverse workforce supports the needs of our community.
Together, we help respect every individual’s needs with dignity. Person-centred care from valued staff makes a difference to everyone. Everyone counts. Indeed, when staff can be themselves, they perform their best work.
CUH is committed to ensuring fairness for all and has a zero-tolerance of any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation whether its related to any of the following: age, sex, race and ethnicity, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, pregnancy and maternity, paternity, marriage and civil partnership.
We aim to be an exemplar employer for equality, diversity and inclusion by:
- treating everyone with respect and dignity at all times
- challenging discriminatory behaviour and practice
- recognising and embracing diversity
- ensuring equal and easy access to services
- ensuring equal access to employment and development opportunities
- consulting and engaging with staff, patients and their families to ensure that our services and facilities meet their need
The Purple Network - CUH Staff Network
The Purple Network is for staff with hidden or visible disabilities, physical or mental health conditions and allied to work together to promote inclusion for everyone at CUH. You do not have to have a disability to be involved in the network, it is an opportunity for anyone with an interest in inclusion to come together as a united voice for our staff.
Saturday 07th November 2020
NHS Essential Services Open DayDetails