Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust endeavours to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant:
- To ensure no member of the Armed Forces community faces disadvantage in the provision of healthcare compared to other citizens
- To ensure members of the Armed Forces community retain their relative position on any NHS waiting list if moved around the UK due to the service person being posted
- In some circumstances, special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved
As an organisation, we recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our organisation. As a signatory to the Covenant we:
- Promote the fact we are an Armed Forces friendly organisation
- Strive to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- Seek to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
Full details of CUH’s commitment can be viewed here.
When referring Armed Forces personnel to Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, GPs are reminded to advise us appropriately, to ensure we can uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Armed Forces regulars, reservists, veterans or military family members attending a clinic appointment at CUH should please advise the receptionist on arrival. This is in order to navigate patients towards any additional services provided to the Armed Forces community by charities or service organisations within the hospital.
NHS Choices provides a webpage detailing healthcare choices for the Armed Forces community which can be accessed here.
We welcome feedback from the service community, our patients and their families on how we are doing and where there are opportunities for improvement. Visit the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) next to Main Reception at Addenbrooke’s Hospital or e-mail: email@example.com
For more information about how you can support or be supported by the covenant, visit the Covenant website