What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes.
Apprenticeships provide routes into a variety of careers at CUH and are an excellent opportunity to earn, gain work experience and achieve nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
As an apprentice you will receive:
- On the job training and development in your specialist area
- 20% off the job training (which can include classroom based learning, portfolio work, project work or observation assessments from an assessor who visits you in the workplace)
- An apprenticeship Qualification and/or accredited qualification
- Functional skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if required (includes some teaching and an exam)
The Trust is proud of its Apprenticeship Scheme with a success rate of over 80% of Apprentices obtaining substantive contracts by the time they complete their apprenticeships.
|Levels of Apprenticeship – Apprenticeships have equivalent educational levels|
Equivalent educational level
|Higher||4,5,6, & 7||Foundation degree and above|
|Degree||6 & 7||Bachelor’s or master’s degree|
Benefits of being an Apprentice
Why is being an apprentice at Cambridge University Hospitals such a good idea?
Main benefits of an apprenticeship at Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie:
- earn a wage while you learn
- gain qualifications
- no college or university debt
- get paid holidays and bank holidays
- receive training and support in post
- a career pathway that could see you working in one of the most vibrant, innovative and exciting NHS Trusts in the country
- receive support and regular review sessions from our dedicated Apprenticeship team you will be designated a mentor to help guide your apprenticeship
- learn job-specific skills
- gain exposure to the vast array of job and career opportunities at CUH and the NHS
There are apprenticeships available in different areas of the hospital. CUH have both clinical and non-clinical apprenticeships these include; Nursing, Laboratory Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Healthcare Science Technicians, Carpentry & Joinery Assistants, Finance & Accounting Assistants, Business Administration and Customer Service.
New apprenticeships are also being developed in a range of professions, these will be advertised as they become available.
Apprenticeships come in a range of levels and competencies; if you have any questions regarding these roles please contact the apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly - Nursing Apprentice
Saturday 01st February 2020
Careers Carousel – Nursing Apprenticeships & Nursing Associate OpportunitiesDetails
Saturday 15th February 2020
Nursing, Midwifery & Healthcare Support Worker Open Day Event – International Year of the Nurse & MidwifeDetails
Saturday 07th March 2020
Recruitment Day – Registered Nurse – Paediatrics (Experienced & Newly Qualified)Details